"My highlight of the year 2018 has to be the company name change from Arcusys to Valamis and rebranding. We managed to unify our messaging, we executed everything in-house, and many teams were working passionately together for the same goal."
Valamis 2018 Highlights & Goals for 2019
“Life can only be understood backward; but it must be lived forwards.” ― Søren Kierkegaard
Now that 2018 has come and gone, we have spent time reflecting on some of the lessons learned, but also some of our highlights from the year.
2018 was a year of embracing change and inspiring growth. So much change, in fact, we even changed our name! After 15 years as Arcusys, the decision was made to change the company name to Valamis in order to “unify the company’s global operations under a set of common corporate values, goals, and commitments.”
In case you missed it, we wanted to share with you a few of our highlights from 2018, and some of our goals for 2019.
Valamis won awards:
- Valamis Wins Gold in The 2017 Brandon Hall Group Excellence Awards in Learning Technology
- Valamis Named to Inc. 5000’s List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies (If you look for our name it is under “Arcusys”)
- Valamis Recognized as a Top Learning Portal Provider/LMS by Training Industry
- Valamis Listed as a Top Training Delivery Company by Training Industry
Received recognition from top analysts:
- Valamis listed in Gartner’s Hype Cycle for Human Capital Management Technology, 2018
- Valamis Shortlisted in Deloitte’s Learning Experience Platform Market Overview
- Valamis Listed as a Representative Vendor in Gartner's 2018 Market Guide for Corporate Learning Suites
Announced new partnerships:
- Fosway Group and Valamis to Explore Successful Strategies for Corporate Learning and Innovation
- Valamis Is Now Part of the G-Cloud Framework
- Valamis Partners with Liferay to Bring Premium Digital Learning Solutions to the UK Market
Worked with incredible clients:
- Valamis, Copernicus and Wageningen Environmental Research Announce Strategic Partnership
- Scaling Personalized Learning to 1 Million Users: Amadeus
Released new features & new integrations:
2018 Valamis Statistics
89 new lessons
89 new lessons created by employees in our internal learning environment
1,350 bottles of beers
1,350 bottles of Valamis-brewed beer produced
4,022,466 slack messages sent
7,803 hours spent in the Sauna
1 epic company development trip at HQ
1 development day and 1 summer party in Joensuu, Finland
1 company trip
1 company trip to Prague, Czech Republic
2018 brought many celebrations
Laptop throwing competition, Valamis Summer Party, 2018
CEO Jussi Hurskainen telling Story of Valamis, Valamis DevDay, 2018
Valamisians from US, Germany and UK at Valamis Summer Party, 2018
Bingo at Valamis summer party, 2018
Valamis Trip to Prague, August-September, 2018
Halloween Costume party, 2018
CCO Janne Hietala speaking at "Corporate Learning and Innovation in the Digital Tranformation Era event in London, UK.
Rewarding quiz winners at the Valamis X-mas party, 2018
“My fondest memory of 2018 was working alongside an incredible team to roll out a complete learning solution for one of the world's top management consulting firms, in five weeks.”
“My highlight of last year was traveling to the headquarters of Valamis in Finland and meeting a diverse group of colleagues who are all motivated and fun to work with.”
“Right when I started, my sales colleague shook my hand and told me that we would take over the German market together. This motivation and enthusiasm inspires me every day.”
“One of the best things of the last year was how more developers got involved in the Valamis LXP development, which brought a lot of guests to our office in Russia. It was a great opportunity to build new connections and get to know your colleagues."
The Valamis Vision for 2019
"In 2019, we look forward to building strategic relationships with our clients and taking our learning technology further towards our vision of AI-assisted intelligent learning. Shaping a deeper understanding of business impact of learning with learning analytics is our top priority."
- Mika Kuikka, President, Valamis
Just a few days into the new year, and we already have big news to share; Valamis has expanded into the Netherlands through the acquisition of Componence.
We at Valamis are incredibly thankful to our clients, colleagues, and families for contributing to our growth as individuals and as a company this year, and we aim to continue our progress in 2019.
A Message from our CEO
“Our goal for 2019 is to continue our growth rate of over 40% compared to last year. We have a unique offering for digital learning that matches market demand. During the last year we made a large effort to penetrate multiple markets. This investment is now bringing results and we can start establishing new regional offices throughout the US and Europe.”
- Jussi Hurskainen, CEO, Valamis
Want to meet up with the Valamis team in 2019?
Come to an event near you:
- Las Vegas, Nevada: DevLearn, October 23 - October 25, 2019
- Washington DC: ATD, May 19 - May 22, 2019
- London: Learning Technologies, February 13 - 14, 2019
- Den Bosch: Next Learning 2019, 2 april 2019