The Content Manager allows you to create a database, where you can keep your questions in order. These questions can then be used in Lesson Studio.
Content Manager itself is accessible from the Compose mode in Lesson Studio, as well as a separate tool, when added to a page.
It's best to group your questions into categories. Drag and drop questions into a category, or simply create them while browsing a category to add them there.
Clicking New opens up a drop-down menu with the following options:
- Category - category helps you organize your questions. A Category score can be used to assess the success of the learner in that specific category during the lesson attempt, if that setting is turned on in Lesson Settings.
- Question - there are multiple types of questions available. You can add only one question per page.
- Content - this type of content can't be added to the lesson from Content Manager and is present for backwards compatibility with lessons from older Valamis versions. Use text element to add text, instead.
- Choice question has one or more correct answers and the user has to pick one answer.
- Short answer question requires a short textual answer.
- Numerical question requires a numeric answer.
- Positioning question - the user has to drag options into correct order.
- Matching question - the user has to match the the pairs.
- Essay question requires a long free-form essay answer.
- Categorizing question - the user has to drag the options to the correct categories
Most question types have the following universal settings:
- Available translations - like other elements, questions support different localizations.
- Title is used to distinguish questions in the Content manager question list.
- Content - write and format the question contents in this field with the editor. You can use both rich text and images as a question text. However, take note of the amount of content on the screen so that it fits in one question page.
- Explanation - this text is shown the user after answering the question.
- Feedback on correct/incorrect answer - set a comment to be shown to the user, dependening on whether their answer is correct or incorrect.
Other settings are individual to specific types of questions.
Want to provide feedback?
If you have questions or ideas for improvements, you can click the button below to send us a message. We will greatly appreciate it.