Managing your lessons
If you export and import lessons from some other environment by Lesson Manager, the same happens with those imported lessons.
It's important to have a place to manage both lessons that are created in your environment's Lesson Studio and imported ones.
This is where Lesson Manager comes in.
The main view of Lesson Manager shows all published lessons for all courses and categories. You can filter them using the selectors.
In the Actions menu you can see all possible actions for a single lesson:
- Edit the main details of the lesson (not the content)
- Export the lesson and import it to another environment.
- Download xAPI setting allows you to download the lesson as an xAPI package (What is xAPI).
- Set permissions setting provides a list of possible user actions to allow or restrict.
- Set visibility defines who can view the lesson - specific users, roles, or user groups.
- Copy link to the clipboard and share the lesson with somebody with that link.
- Delete the lesson.
The lesson details that you can edit in the Manager include the following:
- Available languages selection allows for editing the localizable fields, like lesson title and description. You can also set a default language here
- Lesson title, cover image, and description can be edited.
- Availability period for the lesson. Note that you don't have to choose both starting and ending dates, you can select just one, as well.
- Number of attempts limits how many times can a user try the lesson.
- Interval between attempts limits how often can a user retry the lesson.
- Review required setting makes instructor grade (given through Gradebook) mandatory for completion.
- Passing score setting defines the score required for successfully passing the lesson. This is only relevant for manual grades given by instructor. The score below that will count as failed.
- Estimated completion time provides learners with a hint on how much time it will take to complete the lesson. You must assess the time yourself.
To upload a new xAPI or SCORM package, click Upload package.
If successful, the package will be published and available for viewing by learners.
Importing and exporting in Lesson Manager
You can export an individual lesson by clicking Export in the Actions menu, or export everything by clicking Export all in the Preferences.
To upload a lesson from another Valamis environment, click Preferences -> Import.
Note, that you can only import these files into another Lesson Manager, not Lesson Studio, since they have different export formats.
You can edit the details of a lesson imported into Lesson Manager, as usual, but you will not be able to change the content, as you can in Lesson Studio.
Want to provide feedback?
If you have questions or ideas for improvements, you can click the button below to send us a message. We will greatly appreciate it.