The User Dashboard provides learners with a personalized home page in the environment and quick access to the most relevant content .
It also presents the data about your and other course members' actions and activities in the Valamis environment.
Depending on the user role, the available information may vary. You can use portlets in any combination or layout, but we suggest using the Valamis student dashboard layout.
Let's take a closer look at these portlets.
This portlet shows your personal statistics. The charts are built based on completed lessons' categories. Completed lessons without categories go to the Other part of the chart.
My learning paths
Here, you can see all the learning paths that you've joined. They are divided into two tabs: Completed and In Progress.
You can immediately start a learning goal by expanding the learning path and clicking on a goal.
It can be customized in Preferences in the following ways:
- Show paths from All courses, Current course, or Current course and its subcourses.
- Show only paths with the selected Categories.
- Change the behaviour of clicking on the path title: this can lead to a Course, or learning path details.
- Show or hide the tab panel: if hidden, allows you to choose to either show All learning paths, the ones that are in progress, or completed.
In this portlet, you will see all lessons that are either available to you, or were completed by you. You can see the name and the completion status, as well as the parent course of lessons.
You can click on any lesson to view it.
This portlet displays the lessons that you've recently opened.
Here you can check and join the upcoming training events. To see a full list of events, click See all.
The Preferences allow you to define the following settings:
- The number of shown events
- Define the behaviour of a "Show all" button to either open a defined URL, or a page with Training events.
This portlet provides a list of your achieved certificates, their validity periods.
By clicking on a certificate, you can see its details and may print it out.
The activity feed in Valamis will provide the latest information on user activity on your environment.
You can comment and like specific activities or post your own comment on the feed.
The Preferences menu allows you to define several settings, like:
- The maximum number of activities to be shown initially.
- Filter Liferay activities related to blogs, bookmarks, calendar events, documents, or web content.
- Filter Valamis activities related to lessons, learning paths, achieved certificates, course grades, etc.
- Select the scope of activities: all courses, current course, or current course and its subcourses.
- Define what does the All activities tab show: activities from all users, or only from the current course owner.
Course Statistics and Learning Path Statistics
These portlets are only available for admin users, and display an overall information about user progress.
You can expand and collapse items on the view to see more details.