Sharing and viewing lessons
Once the lesson have been published, it becomes available for viewing and sharing through various means.
This is a dedicated viewing tool for lessons in Valamis. No matter how you reach the lesson, you will view it through the Lesson Viewer.
You can use Lesson Viewer by itself on a page or access lessons through other means.
The actual Lesson Viewer's main window provides a list of lessons for the learner with possibilities to search for lessons, sort, and rate them, as well as share them on the Activity feed.
In the Viewer, you can filter the lessons that contain only the specific localization by clicking All languages and selecting what you need.
The actual selection of lessons in a given instance of Viewer can be customized in the Preferences menu.
- Lesson Viewer mode
- Dynamic - displays all available lessons (depending on their permissions) from the current course
- Manual - select lessons to be displayed from all courses
- Default lesson - choose the lesson that is to be opened automatically by default.
- Filter by user language by default - this setting makes it so that the users will see only the lessons that contain content in their locale.
- Filter content by category - in Dynamic mode, you can set the Viewer to show only lessons of specific Categories (with no possibility for the user to select another category)
- You can include or exclude categories.
- You can also change the category filter behaviour for the user by either allowing all set categories to be shown, or only specific ones.
You can also select the scope for the Viewer to show the lessons from: All courses, or Current course.
You can post a lesson to the activity feed by clicking the Share button.
Rating can be applied both in the full lesson list, and while viewing the lesson itself.
There are several places on your Dashboard where you can access lessons:
My lessons - naturally, this tool will list the available and completed lessons that you can open directly.
My learning paths - in the list of goals for learning path you may see a lesson as a goal, which you can open.
Activities may list other users interacting with lessons, and, by clicking on the lesson, you can view it.
Learning Paths with lessons as learning goals allow you to complete them right there by clicking on them in the goal list.
You can copy the link to any lesson from your browser and share it to the user. If they have enough permissions, they will be able to view the lesson by your provided link.
Want to provide feedback?
If you have questions or ideas for improvements, you can click the button below to send us a message. We will greatly appreciate it.