The Power of Social Learning: Building Knowledge, Community, and Trust
In organisations, the flow of knowledge is catalysed by trust. Trust is based on the culture within the work community, and work communities have changed drastically during the transition to hybrid work. Technology has transformed our day-to-day work, and our expectations, especially regarding access to information.
Learning has become an integral part of work but having engaged learners in the workplace is a challenge for many companies. One method to engage learners that has gained traction is social learning. Social learning can help foster diverse perspectives, as well as respect, understanding, and empathy of those perspectives. The power of social learning lies in the fact that it helps teams learn together as a community and in turn can build strong bonds with trust amongst team members.
In this webinar, Harold Jarche, Workplace Collaboration Consultant at Jarche Consulting, and Maaike Beenen, Product Manager at Valamis, will describe:
- How social learning and sharing knowledge builds the workplace community and trust
- How inefficient learning influences on workplace resilience
- How to connect knowledge sharing between networks, communities, and teams
- How organisations can remove barriers to social learning
- How a large multinational organisation improved knowledge sharing across departments
Broadcasted on: 26th of January 2022
Duration: 1 hour